Saturday, February 13, 2016

34-Kindness

Today while I was out sampling my jams at the mall, I thought a lot about kindness and how it costs you nothing but can sometimes mean everything. 

I stood at my little table offering the samples of my jams to everyone that walked by. It doesn't bother me that not everyone buys, because,  well, they just don't all buy!  A man walked up to my table wearing a super worn out shirt with holes in it, and had a look that some may not approve of. I offered him a sample, he loved my blackberry vanilla jam, and ended up purchasing a jar. I could have just not talked to him, and judged him based on appearance, but I didn't.  I didn't have to engage him in conversation because he didn't look like someone who would buy artisan jam, but I did. He was a nice young man that appreciated my product just as anyone would, and I thoroughly enjoy sharing my products with anyone that wants them.  We all know the saying, "don't judge a book by its cover" and it's really amazing the perspective you can get when you just see people as people.

No comments: